Terms and Conditions
Here at Torquay Merchant, we are passionate about providing an excellent level of service and customer satisfaction. In the interest of conducting our business in a fair and just manner we have outlined a policy, detailed below, to clearly indicate our behaviour and stance on matters when dealing with you, our valued customer. This policy sets out the terms and conditions which our customers are consenting by virtue of their accessing and purchasing from our Torquay Merchant Website.
- All transaction are processed in AUS dollars and are inclusive of GST.
Out of Stock items –
- Most of our stock is sourced directly from the supplier and requires a stock check. Stock will be confirmed within 24 hours of an order being received. This is necessary as our supplier’s stock levels change daily and we are not always notified of these changes. If an item is temporarily unavailable we will contact you with alternatives or the expected lead-time.
Order Confirmation –
- An order confirmation will be forwarded to you in acknowledgement of receipt of your order. This document superseded all prior correspondence in relation to your order (verbal, written, graphic or otherwise). We will proceed with your order, as per your order confirmation, unless we receive written notification of any requested changes within 24 hours. Once your order has been confirmed any request for subsequent changes must be sent in writing. No guarantee can be given that the requested change can be made.
Return Policy –
In Store & Online Store Return Policy
We will happily EXCHANGE or offer a STORE CREDIT for any item that is: WITHIN 14 DAYS OF PURCHASE.
Item must be UNWORN, UNUSED with ORIGINAL TAGS, LABELS and PACKAGING INTACT. Receipt will need to be provided.
We make every effort to ensure that all items shipped to you are in perfect condition. In the unlikely event that the item is faulty, we will offer the item to be repaired, replaced or a credit note issued based on management approval of fault and communication with the brand/ supplier.
You must provide your full name and address.
Any charges occurred that are associated with the return are the responsibility of the customer.
CHANGE OF MIND
WE DO NOT OFFER A REFUND FOR CHANGE OF MIND ON PURCHASES.
WE OFFER EXCHANGE OR CREDIT NOTE ONLY. Credit Notes are valid for 14 days.
No returns or exchanges on:
Earrings, Swimwear, Rugs, Eyewear
NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES on items purchased with AFTERPAY.
It is a binding credit to the item with Afterpay as per their terms and conditions.
All items in the sale are FINAL SALE and no exchanges or refunds will be offered.
Please note all shipping costs occurred from returning an item for an exchange or store credit are your responsibility. All items being sent back to us MUST be sent by a trackable source, we will not be held responsible for items lost in the post on return to us.
- Torquay Merchant will endeavour to comply with any estimated or confirmed delivery date, but Torquay Merchant shall not be liable for any loss arising out of any delay in delivery.
- The Customer shall accept delivery when tendered whether before or after the estimated date. If the customer does not take delivery when tendered Torquay Merchant shall be deemed to have performed its obligation in respect of the goods. The customer shall pay any additional expenses incurred by Torquay Merchant including (but not limited to) a storage charge and redelivery charges.
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the goods can be delivered without risk of loss or damage to the Customer’s property. The delivery team may consider that delivery to the chosen location may result in damage to the Customer’s property. In such circumstances the team will inform the customer or the Customer’s representative and delivery will continue only once the Customer or the Customer’s representative has signed the delivery waiver.
- The Customer is asked to examine the goods as soon as reasonably possible after delivery and notify the company of any fault or damage as soon as possible within 24 hours.
- All orders will be packaged with love and care.
- Orders will be processed within 1-2 business days and despatched via Courier pending payment.
- We endeavour to post Monday to Friday before 3pm AEST however sometimes this may not be possible due to being a small family run business.
- Once your order has been shipped your will receive an email with tracking details.
- Any delivery date or time specified by us is an estimate from the courier company and Torquay Merchant is not and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery.
Free Pick Up
- Collect your order from our boutique in Torquay.
- Simply select the COLLECT IN STORE option at checkout.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your order has been fulfilled and is ready for collection.
- Orders will be held for a maximum of two weeks only.
- There is a strict 7 day exchange policy from the date the order was PLACED.
Standard Shipping ( Australia )
- Domestic orders are shipped using Sendle or a registered freight service, whereby your can track your order online.
- You will be required to sign for delivery.
- We recommend providing a daytime address where someone will be available to sign between 9-5pm.
- Standard Shipping for all domestic orders is a flat rate of $10.
- Once payment has been received and approved, the order will be sent the following business day.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for your order to arrive. However please allow additional time for locations outside of metropolitan areas and up to 7 business days for Western Australia.
- Free Standard Shipping for order over $300 within Australia ( heavy goods exempt )
- For heavy goods enquiries please email us directly at: [email protected]
Express Shipping ( Australia )
- Express Shipping for all domestic orders is a flat rate of $15.
- Once payment has been received and approved, the order will be sent the following business day. Please allow 1-2 business days for your order to arrive. However please allow additional time for locations outside of metropolitan areas.
International ( Worldwide )
We ship worldwide.
- Your international order will be sent with AUS POST or Courier.
- International standard shipping takes 1-3 weeks.
- Flat Rate $30 AUD
- For Bulky/ Oversize items shipping with be calculated by weight and dimensions.
- Please email us at : [email protected] and we can advise on a postage quote prior to sending.
- Our delivery times are provided as guidelines only.
- We take no responsibility for late shipments.
Please note: the recipient will be liable for any local duty, tax and/or other import costs on orders placed outside of Australia.
Taxes and Duties:
- Please note orders shipped to countries outside of Australia may incur duties and taxes which are applied by customs.
- The responsibility for any custom duties, foreign taxes or other fees which may be imposed rest with the customer.
- Should the customer refuse to pay duties and taxes held on an order applied by customs, the responsibility lies with the customer to arrange for the order to be returned to Commune in order to receive a refund.
- Torquay Merchant is not responsible for any possible duties and taxes which may be applied by customs in the country which delivery is made.
- Please contact your local customs office for more information regarding taxes and duties payable in your region.
- We use acid-free tissue paper and 100% biodegradable and compostable mailing satchels.
- These satchels can be reused and resealed.
- Being environmentally conscious in our use of sustainable packaging is very important to us at Torquay Merchant.
Samples and colour representation –
- We have made every effort to ensure that samples shown on the website are a fair representation of goods to be supplied to the customer. Please keep in mind that both wood and leather are natural products and some variations can occur, but the company shall not be liable unless the variation is substantial.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of our products that appear on the site. However, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and settings, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate to the real colour. If you have any doubts about the colour please ask us to send you out a colour swatch.
Limit of Liability –
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability to you or anyone else for any loss or damage of any kind (however caused, including by negligence) arising from or relating in any way to the use of this website or any of the content. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of any computer viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
- We will not be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential loss arising from or relating in any way to your use of this website.
- Whilst Torquay Merchant strives to keep our website accurate and up to date, it may contain errors, inaccuracies or may not be current at the time of viewing.
- Torquay Merchant reserves the right to update the terms and conditions set out herein without notice.